Song That Inspired Me!


Saturday, November 14, 2009

Night Before Our Run

My best friend, my sister, my guider, my organized example, my now physical therapist, my everything... brought me flowers and the most perfect balloon on Thursday. She is so great! and amazing! I would not have taken on this challenge if it wasn't for her. So THANK YOU CHERYL! Your friendship means so much to me.


THE NIGHT BEFORE*******************************************************

Well, it's here! It is 8:30 p.m. and after 26 weeks of training the BIG day is tomorrow. I can't believe it's actually here. I am excited but very nervous about everything.
I keep looking at all my things that I have layed out and thinking I am forgetting something. I never knew how MUCH was involved in running a half marathon. SHOES, GEL, BODYGLIDE, SOCKS, SHOE TAG, GEAR BAG, CARB LOADING, and more and more.



We went to our group's pasta party on Friday night and to the Health Expo to pick up race packets today. I kept thinking I am not here. This place is for people who run. This place isn't for someone like me. This just seems like a dream, because I NEVER imagined that I would even get to try to run in a half marathon.



But as I am going throught this list of preparations and getting ready to head to bed I am proud to say that I am a runner! and I am running in my first half marathon tomorrow. Can't wait to write about how it goes.


I found this verse to calm my fears...
Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

**********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive