Song That Inspired Me!


Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Running in my neighborhood

As part of my training I have to run 3 times a week on my own. Now since January I have been trying to get into running. I have been going to the gym pretty regularly (took a week or two off for Spring Break), but mostly attempt running 2 times a week. I have gotten pretty good at run/walk for 30-40 minutes on the treadmill. For me, this is good!
Since I have started the training, I realize I need to run outdoors. As I was running I was thinking of why I like running on the treadmill a little more.

#1 Running outdoors brings the delicious smell of people's bar b ques and it's hard not to think of eating.
#2 I am not in danger of being hit by a car when running on a treadmill.
#3- I am far from the awful smell of skunks (which live all over our neighborhood) when on a treadmill and
#4-I know exactly what pace I am going and how far I have gone on a treadmill.

BUT I am getting used to running outdoors even after just 4 times and today I took Maggie (my dog) and I am proud to say that she did worse than I did. :):) I looked at her and said don't worry it'll get easier! We had to make a pit stop at my dad's for water. Thanks, Dad and Penni!, but we survived.

One more thought. I am going to end each blog with a bible verse. I know I will not make it through this training or this difficult challenge without Him, so please share any verses you might know that I can reflect on while I am running.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive