Song That Inspired Me!


Sunday, August 30, 2009

10K and 11 weeks to go!

Last week I officially ran in my first race. We participated in a 10K last Saturday in Alamo Heights. It was HOT and HILLY, but I finished. My mom asked "Did you finish your race?" and I said "Well, I am still alive." She said she thought I could give up and stop. Well, I probably could have, but I didn't. I ran okay the first 2 miles, mile 3 and 4 were stop and go. At mile 5 I took a nice walking break and enjoyed the scenary of the beautiful houses. I am proud to say I finished running mile 6 and the .1. We also learned that Alex and I are at very different running paces and it's best to just encourage each other instead of trying to run along side one another.

This week was back to school for me and was hard to manage running with my workalcoholic attitude. So, I am praying for a less hectic schedule this week and some time to run to get me back on track. The Half Marathon is only 76 days away! That is just craziness. I can't believe I am still running and running more than I have ever in my entire life.

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive