Song That Inspired Me!


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheryl is going to Pinch me!

So, when I first started training Cheryl mentioned her run was 6 miles and I had to say When I get to 6 miles you will have to pinch me cause I didn't believe I would ever tell someone I ran 6 miles today. Well.................Today I ran 7 miles. It was a good run. I stopped at some hills and at the 4.1 mile water break, but otherwise felt good! The weather was perfect. I am super excited to finally have cooler temps. I KNOW that's going to make a huge difference. It did today.
Alex pointed out that today we ran more than half of a half marathon. WOW! I can't wait to see that finish line!


Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them ... Mark 11:24. Prayer indeed works! I pray before going to bed and in the morning and during the day as I need it, but I always pray before my run and ask for God to guide me through my run and push my body along. I know I wouldn't be where I am without HIM. As I am running, I remember how blessed I am that I can use my legs and it's helps to get over some of my weaknesses.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your goal! I am so proud of you. Not sure if I have the strength. I'll be checking up on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinch, pinch......knew all along you could do it. Can't wait to share the moment with you at the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive